Andie Z's Reviews > Vanish

Mar 08, 12

bookshelves: read-2011, arc, netgalley, reviewed
Read from August 12 to 13, 2011, read count: 1

Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Originally posted on my blog, From A to Z.

Vanish picks up right where Firelight left off and the reader is immediately swept into the action. Overall I think this is a stronger novel than Firelight, and I really enjoyed visiting with Jacinda and everyone again.

I think my favorite thing was getting to see more of the draki’s home and lifestyle. We just get a little glimpse of it in Firelight so I was really looking forward to going back. Their misty mountaintop home is so vivid and wonderfully described and I felt like I was right there with them. We also get to see more of the draki’s traditions and customs which was very cool.

I definitely enjoyed seeing Jacinda’s growing relationship with Cassian, but I was also frustrated by her constant teenage angst and whining. Throughout the entire book she kept going back and forth about whether or not she could manage to forget Will and live contentedly with the draki. She must have changed her mind about five thousand times and it got old fast. I found myself just rolling my eyes after a while. I actually really love Cassian as a character and I thought he deserved better than the way Jacinda treated him.

Vanish ends on a cliffhanger, of course, and I’m eager to see where the third novel goes. I think the way everything is left at the end of Vanish is fantastic and it really sets up some great possibilities for the next book. Looking forward to more from Sophie Jordan!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vanish.

08/12/2011