George's Reviews > Stupid History: Tales of Stupidity, Strangeness, and Mythconceptions Throughout the Ages

Stupid History by Leland Gregory

Jun 24, 11

bookshelves: nook-st, non-fiction
Read from June 21 to 24, 2011

AMUSING TO SILLY.

‘Stupid History: Tales of Stupidity, Strangeness, and Mythconceptions Throughout the Ages,’ by Leland Gregory was a “Free Fridays” free NOOKbook from B&N.com, and worth every penny I paid for it. It is a collection of ‘historical’ trivia tidbits—more than a hundred of them—ideally sized and suited for reading on the ‘john’. [Although, I do admit to some trepidation in submitting my eReader to such a humid environment.]

It’s hard to complain about the ‘quality’ of a ‘free’ book, but I will mention, by way of warning, that this one is rife with annoying typos—e.g. every time the number two is indicated it is spelled ‘too’.

Recommendation: An absolute “must read” for all historical trivia nerds who would delight in knowing that “The Battle of Bunker Hill was actually fought on Breed’s Hill..”—(page 48). For all others, there’s not much to be missed here.

B&N NOOKbook, 368 pages

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stupid History.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 3: by Maira (new)

Maira This was hilarious George

George Maira wrote: "This was hilarious George"

Thank-you for your feedback, Maira. I often wonder if I'm the only one with a warped sense... of almost everything.

message 1: by Melanie (new) - added it

Melanie My hard copy did not have the typos you mentioned, though I have had that experience with other ebooks. Quite annoying!