P e t t y's Reviews > One Day

One Day by David Nicholls

Mar 14, 12

Read from January 30 to February 16, 2012

It's pretty much rare occasion for me to give a 5 stars rating on a book I've read. But for this one I just have to... I'm so emotionally involved with this book..haha..

The amazing thing about reading this book is like snooping to somebody else's life (what's more interesting to do than that..huehehe) We're be brought by David Nicholls to have a lot peek about a life journey of Dexter and Emma. Especially to see how their relationship evolved for 20 years!! To witnessed their turmoils throughout the story. It's like reading Dexter and Emma private journal.

It's so awesome for me, how I also could get an emotional roller-coaster while I read this. Being happy, angry, sad, thoughtful, etc...you named it! I've got it all (or probably I'm being too drama queen about it ^_^)

I have to say, for 500-ish paperback with too little fonts size and line spacing and heavy working hours, I could managed finished this book "only" in 4 days. And people, that's a sign for a very interesting storyline. If you like works from John Green, you'll probably like this one. Well, It's the adult version one.

RECOMMENDED FOR THE WEEPERS (just like me)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Day.

01/30/2012 page 28
6.0% "It probably will be a nice read. I sensed a sorta Nick Hornby-ish kind of book ^_^"
01/31/2012 page 107
24.0% "I've already on Part 2-Late Twenties... Engaging story so far, hardly to put it down ^_^"
02/01/2012 page 245
55.0% "Too addictive to put it down, I've already on Part 3-Early Thirties"
02/02/2012 page 312
70.0% "Is it just me or I just too masochistic to overly in love with this book even though the story is so desperate..haha"
02/02/2012 page 365
81.0% "OMAGOD!!!! I'm in love with this book!!!! It stir my feeling, rushes my blood and feel something tight on my chest...hahaha.."
02/02/2012 page 381
85.0% "Oh, dear...I'm so anxious bout the ending... I'm so nearly there.."
02/02/2012 page 417
93.0% "Thank God I'm at my office, if I were in my bedroom, I'll be cuddled in blanket and weeping"