Reet's Reviews > A Density of Souls

A Density of Souls by Christopher  Rice

Aug 02, 08

Recommended to Reet by: Cel
Read in June, 2008

I couldn't put this book down. I read it literally every moment I could spare. The writing style's fabulous and the story is structured in a positively addictive/gripping way. But I can't say I understood it on the first read. It seemed to me the first half started stronger. Then the story suddenly started taking twists and turns in ways I wasn't all that thrilled by, somehow much of it seemed unnatural. Somehow, I was expecting something altogether different to emerge plot-wise. Also, the relationships that I could first see develop and change and that made sense in the beginning turned into something that was harder for me to understand. In the words of Meredith "it's kind of weird". All a little too confusing at points. They were just a little too fucked up for my tastes all of a sudden. The emotional development was approached in a really strange way at times. It was hard to understand the reasoning behind the actions. And there was no real character to fall in love with in the end, or to identify with. (Although Stephen, Meredith and Monica were the strongest, obviously.)
So, yeah, mixed feelings. There were parts that I loved! I might have to re-read this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Density of Souls.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cel (new)

Cel I wrote a review about it ;)
I wonder that you haven't read it yet. I think I recced the hell out of it at the time I first read it ;)
You have to share when you're finished, please. Discussion! ;)

Reet I haven't seen it in here anywhere! Not in bookstores nor in libraries. :(

message 3: by Cel (new)

Cel why didn't you say?
I probably lost your address *lol* if you re-send it to me per email, I#ll see what I can do.

iheartpolrbears I can see if I can get a copy for you.