Jessica's Reviews > In a Celandine World

In a Celandine World by Catherine Thorpe

Jul 07, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read from July 06 to 07, 2011

I already had high expectations when I started this book, but this book exceeded those expectations by a mile. I was expecting a story that was kind of like the usual same old paranormal romance story, but Catherine Thorpe completely came up with a whole new idea that was so interesting to read! Willow was in love with a man from her dreams, which is a common story, but her dream man is with her when she's awake too. That's never happened before! Everything that happens after that I'm like, "woah what??" because I'm never expecting what's next. It was so refreshing reading a story that kept me guessing with each page. Even though I may have been confused at parts, I was confused with Willow. Catherine Thorpe never withheld any facts or information from the reader that the main character knew too. I got annoyed when Willow got annoyed and I got scared when Willow got scared. I could really connect with Willow and I actually cared what happened to her, which is really important for me in a book. And what I also really liked was how there was a kind of historical, Jane Austen vibe with Hugh's character. I love historical romances, so I got to indulge a little bit with that while still enjoying the whole paranormal side of the story. But my favorite thing was when Alice from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland would quote lines from the book in Willow's head. Willow should have sounded crazy, but instead it was really charming to me. This was such a good book and I am so glad I finally got to read a unique, addicting book for once.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In a Celandine World.