Angel's Reviews > If I Stay

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Jan 22, 12

bookshelves: series-books, audiobooks, favorites, from-the-library, completely-contemp-challenge, 2009
Read on January 16, 2012

"In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen year- old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...

A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make -and the ultimate choice Mia commands."

This is the saddest story I have ever read *heard*. Yes yes, this is another Audiobook, there will be plenty to come. Anyways, back to the book. I remember crying on every word she said, every memory, every second. Sometimes it made me laugh, as it was funny, but it made me cry again because they were gone.

I still don't know what happened to her, she just woke up. There is a chance she might collapse into being half dead again. Maybe this time she would choose death.

The book is brilliant. I loved it. It's funny how we love the books that make us cry. Good thing I didn't read it in public. I would have looked stupid. I guess we love it because the words are so deep, they stir something inside of us that normal life can't touch.

Did I mention that I finished it in one day? Thank you lord for audiobooks.

xoxo,
Angel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Stay.