Victoria Evangelina Belyavskaya's Reviews > The Power

The Power by Rhonda Byrne

~"I'M LOVING IT!"~

This book is almost word to word Ester and Jerry Hiks' "The Law Of Attraction" book. Yet I gave it 4 Stars and not less: for the content, which is timeless and ever so true.

Yet for myself I found "The Secret" to be a more practical read: I know how to be grateful, I am feeling it immediately having THANKED anything for a couple of times. It is more challenging with love. The phrases like "you should love it with all your heart!" no matter how passionately spoken, leave me with more questions than before.

Yet the topic of Universal Love has been a red thread in many of the New Age teachings (which are based in ancient wisdom and the Universe!) -- and an old wise man of the Optin Desert recommended that if you want to have love: do the deeds of love, even though without love at first. God will see your will and striving and will place the Love in your heart. I met this quote in Anatoliy Nekrasov's "The Living Thoughts" book and found it to be a nice practical guidance to action.

Love is not criticism, nor the desire to change one. It is concentrating on what brings you joy, and wanting more of it in your life, in "LOVING IT".

Gratitude is very close to love in vibrational pattern; here in Central Asia they say "you should have two times more gratitude than love" perhaps exactly because gratitude is easier to call upon and it is a very quick and practical way to alter one's vibrations.

The idea behind the healing systems is also discussed in "The Power". The studies of the vibrational altering of water crystals (beautiful symmetrical crystals of water upon which the words of love and gratitude were said; ugly ones for the unpleasant and hatred words) correspond to our bodies, which contain up to 80% water! Altering the vibrations of our thoughts and words, we alter the vibration of water in every cell of our body! Isn't it the simplest explanation you've ever heard? It is so for me!

"The Power" is a nicely constructed and passionately read by the author book which demands being heard many a times in order to fully sink its contest into my mind.

Victoria Evangelina
First listen - June 19 to 22, 2011
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Power.