Charlaralotte's Reviews > The Romanov Prophecy

The Romanov Prophecy by Steve Berry

Mar 16, 08

bookshelves: read-in-2006
Read in December, 2006

I bought this at Boston's Back Bay Station while waiting for the train to NYC. It was a bad time for me. I'd just spent a week looking at possible apartments. I had no idea what to do with my life. I had a terrible cold & crazy fatigue.

This book was a good escape. I'm sure it will make an excellent movie, although they'll have to dumb down the history parts. But action-wise it certainly will be entertaining.

The whole idea of bringing back Tsars to Russia is an interesting one. The book did a good job of showing how religious faith never died out during all the years of communism. The execution of the Tsar's family was nicely fleshed out, and didn't seem far-fetched at all. I liked the idea of the "raven". Unfortunately, they'll probably cast Denzel Washington or Jamie Foxx in that role, when it should go to a better actor like Terrence Howard.

Anyway, this is a nice thriller if you're into historical thrillers. The print is super-small though, so maybe a large-print addition would be better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Romanov Prophecy.