Holly Renee's Reviews > The Lady of Bolton Hill

The Lady of Bolton Hill by Elizabeth Camden

Jun 27, 11

bookshelves: favorite
Read in January, 2011

Bethany House's newest author, Elizabeth Camden, offers readers a fresh new voice and captivating story in her debut novel, The Lady of Bolton Hill.

Childhood friends Clara Endicott and Daniel Tremain are inseparable . . . until Clara moves across the world. Twelve years later, Clara returns to the city of Baltimore. The bond between Daniel and Clara quickly reignites and sparks into romance. But both of them have changed. Daniel has attained massive wealth from his company, and he has no qualms with using his business to carry out his vendetta against his competitors--even if it's at the expense of his own workers. Clara has become an impassioned journalist who champions the causes of underprivileged workers, and she somehow can't help but find Daniel's treatment of his workers troublesome. Will their new found romance survive their convictions, or will their convictions turn them into enemies?

The Lady of Bolton Hill is a compelling read that will hold you captive until the lat page. Mrs. Camden is an amazing story-teller who moves her readers with well-written, three dimensional characters. Every character is this story is intriguing.

I applaud Mrs. Camden for her courage to broach a subject that has been at the heart of much Christian debate over the years. Though it plays a minor part in the over-all message of the story, it's outcome could have been one that causes more debate. Yet, Mrs. Camden delivers the subject with grace and sheds light on the issue of suicide.

I can't recommend any book higher than I can recommend this one. Anyone who buys this book should purchase a physical copy of this book rather a digital copy, because the cover artwork is that gorgeous.

My recommendation is that you go ahead, turn off the computer, and run--not walk--to the nearest bookstore and pick up a copy. You will enjoy every second of this book.

****I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lady of Bolton Hill.