Whitney's Reviews > Starcrossed

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

Sep 16, 11

bookshelves: own, all-time-faves, kickass-heroes, lick-this-cover, blown-away, surprised-as-hell
Read from September 12 to 15, 2011 — I own a copy

You know that feeling you get when all of a sudden you want to go back in time and relive history? Or at least watch it all happen before your eyes? This is the feeling I got when I read this. I really, really loved this book. A lot. It had all kinds of twists and turns concerning Greek Gods and Demigods. I've been waiting on a book like this, to actually have romance and action in it. Even though there wasn't a kiss in it until over half way into the book. Which ticked me off to high heaven. I think that's the only thing I didn't like about it lol.

This isn't like the Percy Jackson and the Olympians deal. It's a whole new level of awesome. And I liked the idea of naming Helen Hamilton after Helen of Troy, or that's the thought that came to my head. (And yes, they mentioned Helen of Troy in this. No worries.)

I also liked the fact that (view spoiler). That was definitely a new twist on Demigods in general. There might be some out there who could actually (view spoiler), but I haven't heard of any. Or I'm just a dumbass. But it was pretty unique. :)

This is one of those books where you pretty much like all the characters, except a couple. But my favorite character would have to be Hector. I really liked that one scene where (view spoiler). Don't really know why though, lol. I guess it's because all the books I've read, the guys are always soft (in any way) to the girls. It gets old quick.

All in all, this is a very epic book for a debut author. I so can't wait for the second one, which comes out in May of 2012! :)

I love Greek Mythology. Okay I'm done.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starcrossed.

Quotes Whitney Liked

Josephine Angelini
“Never say never,” he said urgently, rolling back on top of her and using all of his unusually heavy mass to press her deep into the cocoon of her little girl bed. “The gods love to toy with people who use absolutes.”

Josephine Angelini
“She decided that if Lucas was gay then she was going to have to get a sex change operation. He would be so worth it.”

Josephine Angelini
“What the holy hand grenade was that?”

Josephine Angelini
“He's not going around telling everyone you're monkey-butt crazy, so at least you brutalized a seriously sweet guy.”

Josephine Angelini
“I don’t care how hard being together is, nothing is worse than being apart.”

Josephine Angelini
“How do you know all this about me?" Helen sputtered. Claire sighed.
"After I pushed you off the roof..." she began.
"After you WHAT?" Lucas yelled.”

Josephine Angelini
“Is that how tall you are without those ridiculous shoes?' he said derisively. I think I was born bigger than that.'

'I bet you were. Five feet of fat head and two inches of a**,' Claire muttered, standing up.

'Claire!' Helen blurted out, shocked. Lucas's shoulders were shaking with laughter. Jason pretended to take the joke OK, but Helen suspected his feelings were hurt.”

Josephine Angelini
“I only have so much willpower, Helen," he whispered. "And since you apparently sleep in the most ridiculously transparent tank top I've ever seen, I'm going to have to ask you to get under the covers before I do something stupid.”

09/12/2011 page 17
3.0% "This already has my attention. :D"
09/13/2011 page 131
25.0% "I don't know why, but I lol'd so hard when Claire said, "A back-assed bear hug?" ROFL."
09/13/2011 page 198
39.0% "Gosh, Hector. Beat someone to death, will ya?! D:"
09/13/2011 page 334
65.0% "I'm this far into the book without one single friggin' kiss...I'm about to explode before Helen does. >:C" 2 comments
09/14/2011 page 514
100.0% "Whoa."
show 2 hidden updates…

message 1: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Oh really? you will have to let me know if you recommend it or not. i was just about to download it but i am going to wait now!

Whitney Sarah wrote: "Oh really? you will have to let me know if you recommend it or not. i was just about to download it but i am going to wait now!"

I'm not done with it yet, but I think you should download it! :) I'm almost done and I'm loving it.

Ellie Meh. I didn't like it very much.

Whitney Ellie wrote: "Meh. I didn't like it very much."

It was my first YA Greek mythology book. I thought it was neat. ;)

Angela Too funny! I just read the first 99 pages at harperteen & BN had it pre-order nook book for 99 cents. I like it when someone get hurt bad or beat up. Makes it a little more real, that or I just weird LOL :)