Anoolka's Reviews > Blood Song

Blood Song by Cat Adams

Jun 27, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: paranormal, shapeshifters, series, werewolves, witches-and-wizards, vampires, urban-fantasy, sea-creatures
Read from June 21 to 27, 2011

"But he’d been around a while, because Warren is well past tenure. But Kevin doesn’t talk about the past. Ever. I made the mistake of asking … once. I’m not stupid enough to repeat that error. Of course that didn’t keep me from being curious as hell. But Kevin’s my friend and Warren’s son. I won’t snoop."

Sooo many repetitions... Was this book edited?
I don't buy that the heroine is any kind of good bodyguard. She feels amateurish. There's a lot of details described and characters introduced - with way too much page time for unimportant stuff that bogs it all down. It feels slow and cluttered.

ETA: finished after all. Wasn't sure I would but the pace got better. Still, the plot was not that great, the main character unlikable, I was supposed to care for Vicky who we have't even really seen. I did like some of the side characters. Still, not sure I want to read more and the plot twist that leads to the sequel is a little much - going into special snowflake territory if it's not better handled.
I did not really like the writing style. A lot of chopped sentences. I did get used to it after a while (halfway in), though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Song.