Laurie Johnson's Reviews > The Kill Artist

The Kill Artist by Daniel Silva

Jul 12, 11

Read from July 05 to 12, 2011

When I read a suspense novel I want to be in suspense. I want a book that will keep me reading until the wee hours of the morning. I want red herrings and a surprise plot twist that I didn't see coming. What I got with this book was stock characters, a predictable plot, boring dialogue and an anticlimactic ending. The fact that it took me a few weeks to get through this book says it all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kill Artist.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Dennis Wales Really? Isn't "predictable" what we say when one or two things look obvious in retrospect? ;-)
Anyway, I think this series is great, so I would recommend you give one more a try before blowing them off. Almost everyone who likes spy novels seems to like this series, so perhaps this starter book (which wasn't meant to start a series when he wrote it) didn't work for you. Try the Confessor, or the English Assassin. Oh well. Maybe I can't sway you, Laurie, but I think they are worth reading.

Laurie Johnson I'll take your suggestion and try another! Clearly the reading public disagrees with me. I was just so bored reading this book. But perhaps other installments will capture my imagination.