Laurie Johnson's Reviews > The Kill Artist

The Kill Artist by Daniel Silva

Jun 21, 2011

it was ok
Read from July 05 to 12, 2011

When I read a suspense novel I want to be in suspense. I want a book that will keep me reading until the wee hours of the morning. I want red herrings and a surprise plot twist that I didn't see coming. What I got with this book was stock characters, a predictable plot, boring dialogue and an anticlimactic ending. The fact that it took me a few weeks to get through this book says it all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kill Artist.

Dennis Wales Really? Isn't "predictable" what we say when one or two things look obvious in retrospect? ;-)
Anyway, I think this series is great, so I would recommend you give one more a try before blowing them off. Almost everyone who likes spy novels seems to like this series, so perhaps this starter book (which wasn't meant to start a series when he wrote it) didn't work for you. Try the Confessor, or the English Assassin. Oh well. Maybe I can't sway you, Laurie, but I think they are worth reading.

Laurie Johnson I'll take your suggestion and try another! Clearly the reading public disagrees with me. I was just so bored reading this book. But perhaps other installments will capture my imagination.