maryanne's Reviews > The Hand That Trembles

The Hand That Trembles by Kjell Eriksson

F 50x66
Jun 21, 2011

Read from June 10 to 21, 2011 , read count: 1

I received this book via Goodreads Giveaways (First Reads - free). I was not familiar with the author or any prior writing, but the short description seemed to catch my interest. I slowly made my way through this book. The writing is good, the parallel stories intersect with some surprise; it is anticipated, but one is not quite sure how. The characters are so artfully portrayed that you can almost feel what they are feeling; quite a gift for an author to be able to articulate feelings so clearly. It is a slow plot rising so those who want immediate action may be disappointed. I enjoyed the journey of exploring the occurences with the characters, especially Ann Lindell, the investigating officer. It seemed as though I was working with her, trying to discern what pieces fit together and how things interesected. The style reminds me of David Gutterson's writing - the reader is participating in the story with the protagonist. I haven't read anything like this in a while so I did enjoy it very much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hand That Trembles.