Julia's Reviews > Archangel's Blade

Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh

Sep 05, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, fiction, romance, urban, dropbox
Read in September, 2011

Holy cow. Goosebumps, tears, an absolute welter of emotions that will have me going straight back to ANGEL'S BLOOD and reading the series straight through again... ARCHANGEL'S BLADE is an instant favorite that wrung me out with it's emotion and passion. Dmitri was always dark and a little scary, and seeing the smoking coals that his immortality was built upon, the happy husband and father he once was, gave that darkness an extra depth and pathos that was breathtaking. While the extra little twist that brought him and Honor oh so much closer in the end was nice, I almost felt like it was a bridge too far in their relationship. It was so tender and sweet how he and Honor grew to understand each other. Giving that knowledge a preternatural origin cheapened the hard earned intimacy... but not to the point where I didn't adore the book entirely. Once again, Singh handles all of the threads of her previous plot points along with an issue that drives the action just for ARCHANGEL'S BLADE. The glimpses of Raphael and Elena through others' eyes were wonderful (Elena's little fist pump upon landing is my favorite), and the angelic politics and characters added a depth to this story that makes it feel as if their world keeps turning even once I run out of pages. This series, dark though it is, masterfully tugs at my emotions, playing the full scale between tenderness and arousal, humor and heartbreak.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Archangel's Blade.