Adela Bezemer-Cleverley's Reviews > Girl Goddess #9: Nine Stories

Girl Goddess #9 by Francesca Lia Block

Nov 16, 12

bookshelves: wish-list
Read from June 21 to 22, 2011

Some of the stories in this book were really cute. In the first three I really enjoyed how Block makes it so believable that it's from the perspective of a little kid. My favourite stories in this book were "Dragons in Manhattan" and "Pixie and Pony". I love Francesca Lia Block's writing style, however I sometimes feel less-than-comfortable reading her works that have so much content related to unhealthy lifestyles. I love the fantasy and social aspects and I love her imagery, but the only thing I don't enjoy is reading about characters who ruin their lives with drugs and alcahol and partying at such a young age. Most of the stories were highly enjoyable though!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl Goddess #9.

06/21/2011 page 36
19.0% "Very cute. I've finished two of the stories and it's reminded me why I love FLB's writing style."
06/21/2011 page 42
22.0% "weeeeird! Tuck's favourite tapestry at the Cloisters in NY is the unicorn in the garden, and in the book I was reading before, Angelology, that tapestry was really important too! oooooohh"
06/21/2011 page 84
44.0% "halfway through my favourite story in here so far: Dragons in Manhattan. I think I have an idea what might be happening.."