Sara Winters's Reviews > Where He Ends and I Begin

Where He Ends and I Begin by Cardeno C.

Sep 12, 11

bookshelves: m-m
Read from September 04 to 07, 2011

I had trouble getting into this story because I wanted it to be more than it was. If it was supposed to be a character driven novel, I feel like there should have been more opportunity to learn who each character was, aside from how the other thought of him. If it was supposed to be story driven, I feel that it lacked a strong conflict. The only moments of tension come from neither knowing the other was in love with him and small moments of insecurity after they begin a physical relationship - both of which are resolved easily. The story would've been better for me if the beginning hadn't been repetitive and if it was more of a challenge for Nate and Jake to make things work. Their idealized world of perfect love with almost nothing to get in the way didn't feel realistic, even in context.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where He Ends and I Begin.

09/04/2011 page 50
09/06/2011 page 60
24.0% "So far I'm reading everything twice, but it doesn't feel like a lot is being added by two perspectives. Hoping to read a compelling conflict soon."