Sapphyria 's Reviews > A Tale of Two Goblins

A Tale of Two Goblins by H.P. Mallory

Jun 28, 11

Read from June 27 to 28, 2011

This is H.P. Mallory’s 2nd book in the Dulcie O’Neil series. It is just as fantastic as the first book, “To Kill A Warlock.” As noted above, the evil baddy in this book stalks several people associated with her, from second grade classmates to the landlady from whom her mother rented her house. But when it attacks her bestie, Sam, Dulcie is determined, come Hades-or-high water, to take this creature down. She has her vamp bud, Bram, take her to a seedy part of town and to meet a familiar face now involved with illegal potion smuggling. Of course, Knight is still causing Dulcie grief and her heart to flutter 8 hundred miles an hour.

This book is laden with awesome amount of sexual tension between Dulcie and Knight; almost to the point of “If they don’t get together by the end of this book I’m going to scream.” You will have to read the book to find out if I had to scream or not. The eventual way that Dulcie deals with the Dreamstalker is nice and risky and really makes you wonder about the types of people our law enforcement have to deal with following an arrest.

Again, Ms. Mallory doesn’t disappoint and floods (but doesn’t over do) the book with sarcasm, wit, and, jabs. My favorite jab in the book references BP and the oil leak; while not a humorous real-life situation, the context it is used in the book is superb. The book flowed well and kept my interest throughout. I love mysteries, the paranormal, and romance; this book combined all of these.

I can't wait for the 3rd installment that will be released in Aug. 2011.

Please note that this book contains "adult scenes" and "adult language."
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Tale of Two Goblins.

06/27/2011