Lalaine *myficbookreviews*'s Reviews > Article 5

Article 5 by Kristen Simmons

4972017
Gritty and riveting.

"I'm not fine," he said. "Not without you."

Wow, this book brought back memories, when I was still a little girl(3 to 4 years old) old enough to remember Coup d'état or in our language Kudeta that happened in our country. Some of you might heard of it, that our country(Philippines) had a Martial law- is the imposition of military rule by military authorities over designated regions on an emergency basis- this book has a little resemblance to that. But our former President Marcos(Martial Law) was believed to abused the human rights and authority so eventually, there was a mass revolution to ousted the ex-president and he fled and died in exile. But some people think it was not that bad since there was not much of a crime but some does think it was a very difficult era. But Im pretty suremost people don't want to go back to that old days ever again.

So yeah, the author pretty much nailed it. I mean, it felt so real, I was so scared, like I said it brought back some flashes of memories when me, my sister and my mom had to hide underneath the table while my dad was doing the Rambo thing outside the door(my dad's a military), and someone's shooting who knows who everywhere. I was terrified that time. The story could potentially occur ten years from now, or 5 years, or maybe next year..(Hell no!Hope not!)

Characters were great, believable and I easily connected to them, I think Ember sometimes could be a little annoying but she has her reasons to. And Chase! I loved him! I swear he makes my heart beats a little bit faster than normal. And I totally dig Chase being a little scared and freaked-out at times, I know, living with my dad, trust me I know. One time my mom had to wake up my dad who fell asleep in the living room and she was poking my dads foot with her fingers when my dad suddenly jerked awake and was so alert eyes wild, like what the hell?! Like Ive said, Kristen pretty much nailed this book.

Plot twists was moving, and suspenseful, dangers faced were intense. A cruel world that the author has created will make you fear for their lives. Dying to read the second book, I hope it will be as good as the first.

"You hit me for kissing you. It seemed my best interest to marry you while you were passed out." -Chase
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Article 5.

Quotes Lalaine *myficbookreviews* Liked

Kristen Simmons
“Losing your family... it puts fear in a different perspective, Chase had once told me.”
Kristen Simmons, Article 5

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Simmons Hope you enjoy it!

message 2: by Lara (new) - added it

Lara I think the book you actually mean is Divergent, it has two teens looking at Chicago. But yes, I totally agree with you on the first point. Cannot wait!

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Simmons Thanks Lara! Hope you enjoy it!

Lalaine *myficbookreviews* Oh yesss sorry IT wAS DIVERGENTTTT! thanks lara for correcting me. YES it was THAT book. Cant wait to read this oneeee.

message 5: by Lara (new) - added it