Lisa Kay's Reviews > Dark Prince

Dark Prince by Christine Feehan

★★★★☆ Ms. Feehan’s first book, re-cut by the author to add over 100 pages, was a wonderful read. I loved the heroine, Raven. She had a wonderful, subtle sense of humor that leveled the playing field for our hero, the darkly mysterious Mikhail, putting her in serious contention as my favorite paranormal heroines.

Still, there were a few missteps causing the middle to drag; nevertheless, the beginning and end were fascinating. I spent some time trying to figure out the difference between a vampire and a Carpathian, but not an excessive amount. There is an old-world ambience to this book that is palpable. I’ll definitely continue with the series, and I’m not a big paranormal reader.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Prince.

06/21/2011 "Just started reading as a "buddy read"."
06/21/2011
25.0% 5 comments
show 5 hidden updates…

Debbie This is one of my favorite series.

Lisa Kay I guess you saw the "buddy read" in RLFTCI, right? I am doing a duel thing with this one; reading it and listening to it, both. It is very well narrated.

Debbie Wow! I don't know if I could do both. LOL!

Lisa Kay I am using the French cover for my "June-ism" challenge b/c it has a rose on the cover. I am woefully behind on this challenge; I've got to get it finished anyway I can, LOL!
Dark Prince (Carpathians,  #1) by Christine Feehan

Debbie I'm only doing one challenge. One is all I'm good for LOL!

Lisa Kay Which challenge, which group?

Debbie The GoodReads 2011 Reading Challenge. It's enough for me.

Lisa Kay Ahhh... yes, the big one! How could I forget the BIG one, LOL!

Debbie LOL!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick If I ever decide to do a re-read, I plan on it being the new release.

Lisa Kay Yes, Dhes. It was good. I'm glad I read it. Even after a re-cut, it suffered in areas, but it was very compelling in others -- I found I couldn't read fast enough to see what happened next.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Had you read the original?

Debbie I haven't read the re-release. Didn't see the point after reading the original years ago.

message 14: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jun 27, 2011 07:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Had you read the original?"

I read it and followed along with the audio at the same time (weird, I know) b/c I wanted to see what had changed. For the most part she just drops in a sentence here and there. Still, it is equal to more than 100 pages.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick But nothing extra spectacular?

Lisa Kay Meh. Not really; maybe a little smoother, and a little clarity for setting up the furture books. For example, Raven hears wolves howl. Added: then farther in the distance a bear roar. I'm guessing the bear b/c significant in a latter book.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Wow.... I've read them all but I don't remember anything about a bear...

Hmmm.

Lisa Kay Then I am not sure why she added it. Just to show he could communicate with all animals? I was thinking the bear was one of the animals one of his people shape shifted into... but what do I know? I haven't read the series before.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Hmmm... maybe it'll be in future future books.

message 20: by Lupdilup (new)

Lupdilup Duffy I listened to this one a few years back, I remember it was pretty good.

CaroB Love the wolf pic Lisa! It was exactly what I imagined Mikhail like when he shifted

Lisa Kay Thanks, CaroB. Loved doing a "buddy read" with you!

message 23: by Rosemarie (new) - added it

Rosemarie Wow, Lisa Kay your picture is really cool!