Natasha's Reviews > Human.4

Human.4 by Mike A. Lancaster

Jun 24, 11

bookshelves: dystopian, sci-fi
Read from June 23 to 24, 2011

It was an interesting concept, the main character was snarky and funny, but I just felt like it was pieced together. Which was probably the point, seeing as it's on tapes that aren't complete being listened to at an undetermined point in the future. I was excited about this book up until the end, and then I just felt uncomfortable. Up until then I was like "I am so keeping this book! What an inventive way of doing things!" And then it just... stopped. I was left more confused by the last 50 pages than I was at the beginning.

Which, again, was probably the point. But even if you leave me MAJORLY hanging, at least have the courtesy of giving me SOME answers. Something that made me feel like I just didn't waste my time going through this amazing story to find a lump of coal at the end. So, in a way, I loved the book and in a way it frustrated me. I feel like I kinda wasted my money getting it. Like I should have waited for the paperback.

Four stars for the concept. Probably 3 for the execution. But interesting. I just didn't like it personally.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Human.4.