Isa Lavinia's Reviews > Encrypted

Encrypted by Lindsay Buroker

Jun 20, 11

bookshelves: romance, sci-fi, owned, love-hate, read-2011, political-intrigue, otp, series-i-follow
Read in June, 2011

I actually find it sad that I can't have a printed copy of this book, I wish some big publisher would pick it up so I could have it on my non-virtual bookshelves.

Several reviews have compared it to Shards of Honour and it's a well-deserved comparison. While the dialogue may lack a bit of subtlety at times (though, I must say, it does improve vastly as the story progresses) the plot more than makes up for it. I couldn't put it down!

I hope the author writes more on these characters, it would be a delight to know what happened to them.

That being said, this book made me buy The Emperor's Edge without hesitation. Here's to hoping it's as good as this one, if not better.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Encrypted.

Hirondelle Thank you for the rec, will check it out.

Though OMG the cover, total turn-off. Though there might be this saying about not judging a book by its cover, now I think of it :p

message 2: by Isa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Isa Lavinia Well, it was self-published, I don't think there was a big budget for the cover :)

I think you might give this one a 3-3.5, if I go by our past ratings. But it's entertaining either way.

Hirondelle Yeah, I get the no budget for the cover. But it´s more a matter of whoever though that model´s face was appealing. Though I have seen worse and on non selfpublished stuff, there is this german cover for Warrior´s Apprentice that has to be seen to be believed.

I will keep this in mind, thank you!

message 4: by Isa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Isa Lavinia Hahaha, I just had to google that cover! Priceless!

Yeah, I don't want to be mean, but the model does kind of look like he could be suffering either from the mother of all hangovers or fetal alcohol syndrome or something.

You're welcome :)

Hirondelle I think there is no english word for it : the face is just balofo.

message 6: by Isa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Isa Lavinia lol accurate.