Greta is Erikasbuddy's Reviews > Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love

Kiss Me Deadly by Trisha Telep

Jul 22, 2011

bookshelves: to-read

The Assasin's Apprentice - Michelle Zink

One of those Warrior Angel stories mingled with a girly who is super smart and talks like she lives in the past but I figure its the future.

Was hard to follow the plot and the romance felt rushed but I guess it has to when its a short story.

I left the story feeling unsatisfied.

2 Stars

Errant - Diana Peterfreund

An interesting take on killer mean blood thirsty marly ugly unicorns. I guess that's how everyone is doing unicorns now-a-days.

Set in a far off time where people pluck their eye brows. THe main character reminded me of a kick ass Joan of Arc unicorn whisper who has to train a Princess Bride Buttercup before she gets hitched.

Not too much romance that you want to cheer about but it's full of girl power, friendship, and a great plug for "Be Kind to mythical Animals" week.

3 Stars

The Spirit Jar - Karen Mahoney

An American vampire hops the pond to go get a big old dusty book that her boss man wants. While there she meets a boy who is going all emo because his girlfriend died by a dude that confused me. (Seriously, they called him so many names that I thought he was 3 people)

Not much romance but there is a kiss that might sate you. It's unnecessary, though.

And the girly starts out cute but becomes all Crow Part 2 at the end. Not a bad story but jumped around too much for me.

3 Stars

Lost - Justine Musk

I really enjoyed this story about a girl who had a special talent for finding lost objects and a mystery man who wanted to show her the full use of her talent. Very interesting. This short story could be a novel and I honestly didn't want it to end. And when the end came I wanted to know what would happen next. I definately am interested in reading other stories by this author. Well done!

5 Stars

The Spy Who Never Grew Up - Sarah Rees Brennan

A sort of modern retelling of Peter Pan meets James Bond that is told like a bed time story. I thought the idea was a good one, the way it was told was unique, but the whole story just bored me to tears. The romance if there was any was forced. The whole "First one with a tongue" just seemed unnecessary and added just to be in this collection. While I love and yearn for a modern day Peter Pan this wasn't what I had in mind.

2 Stars
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss Me Deadly.

06/20/2011 page 31
06/21/2011 page 108
25.0% 4 comments
06/21/2011 page 157
36.0% 2 comments
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by AH (new)

AH Errant is part of Peterfreund's Unicorn series, I believe. Kind of a different take on unicorns - I enjoyed it. I think Errant is available for free download on the author's website.

Greta is Erikasbuddy AH wrote: "Errant is part of Peterfreund's Unicorn series, I believe. Kind of a different take on unicorns - I enjoyed it. I think Errant is available for free download on the author's website."

Sweet!! Thankies

message 3: by Darkfallen (new)

Darkfallen Hey! There's a Maggie story in here?!? How was that one? And whle it sounds mostly suckular at least there was ONE that gained 5 stars! Lolz

Greta is Erikasbuddy Darkfallen wrote: "Hey! There's a Maggie story in here?!? How was that one? And whle it sounds mostly suckular at least there was ONE that gained 5 stars! Lolz"

I haven't read them all yet. that's why I put the book back into my "TO READ" pile. I don't understand why GR is posting it like I've read it lol