Leah's Reviews > Unforgivable

Unforgivable by Laura Griffin

Jun 22, 11

bookshelves: 5-stars, secondary-love-plots-make-me-swoon, half-star-ratings, cops-mercs-military, m-f
Read on June 21, 2011 — I own a copy

As I was reading this book, I was having a discussion with my best friend about how there never seems to be enough words to articulate how you feel when you really love something, yet there are oh so many when you really hate something. This book falls in the former category: I don't even really know what to say except that I loved Unforgivable.

I first came across this series when I read Unstoppable, Tracers 2.5, in the Deadly Promises anthology. Until then, I had never even heard of Laura Griffin and her Tracers. But I was blown away by that novella, even liking it more than the Sherrilyn Kenyon story in the book. Despite being just a short novella, Unstoppable pulled me into the Tracers world and kept me interested the whole time. To me, that is a sign of a good writer, when you can really attract a reader's interest from just a short novella, let alone one in the middle of the series. So, the next time I was at the bookstore, I searched the shelves for Griffin's Tracers books. Sadly, this one was the only one I could find for now, but Unforgivable was just as entertaining as the novella.

I absolutely loved the characters of this book, all of them. The main characters, Mia and Ric, were great to read about, and my only complaint is that we learned much more about Mia than we did about Ric. Jonah and Sophie were great, too, and I look forward to reading the upcoming book about them. Rey, Ric's brother, was a cool character, too, as was Sam, Mia's nephew. I was interested in all their lives' throughout the whole book, and that is another sign of a good writer to me.

My only "negative" comment is that the book seemed like it was longer than was necessary. However, I used quotes around negative because it didn't really bother me too much. The plot didn't drag for me or anything; it was just an observation I made that it might have been a little longer than was needed. But, I still loved the book and I look forward to reading more of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unforgivable.

06/21/2011 page 28
8.0% "Liking it so far :)"
show 1 hidden update…