Morgan's Reviews > Cruel Love

Jul 05, 11

bookshelves: 4-stars
Read in June, 2011

Click here to read more YA reviews at READING, EATING & DREAMING

Below is my review for the entire Privilege series. This review doesn't contain any spoilers!!

Kate Brian’s Privilege series is a nail-biting spin-off of the Private series. This series is built around Ariana Osgood, who in the Private series murdered her ex-boyfriend (Thomas Pearson) for falling for another girl (Reed Brennan). Subsequently, Ariana attempts, but fails, to kill Reed Brennan, landing her in the Brenda T. Trumbull Correctional Facility for Women-where the Privilege series begins.

To get the full effect I would recommend reading the Private series before beginning the Privilege series, but Privilege, Beautiful Disaster, Perfect Mistake, Sweet Deceit, Pure Sin and Cruel Love would also make a great series on their own. Brian does a magnificent job developing Ariana; in some sick & twisted way you find yourself rooting for her-not for her to kill anyone, of course, but for her to overcome her greatest obstacle- herself.

I gave the Privilege series 3 STARS for those who plan to read it as a stand-alone series and 4 STARS for those who plan to read it as a companion to the Private series. Either way, I recommend reading this series at some point because it is a wicked series, from start to finish, that will have you hanging on the edge of you seat!

-XOXO
Reading, Eating & Dreaming
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cruel Love.