Kaity-Jane Culbertson's Reviews > Courting Miss Amsel

Courting Miss Amsel by Kim Vogel Sawyer

Jun 20, 11

Read from June 18 to 19, 2011

I have read a couple books by Kim Vogel Sawyer and loved them all, so I was excited to pick up Courting Miss Amsel. It has SUCH a gorgeous cover, too! The writing style was easy to read and understandable, and it made it very easy for me to enjoy the story at it's most.

Edythe was an awesome character that I instantly fell in love with. She had SUCH a heart for teaching kids - so much like me! I would love being a teacher, especially during that time where the classroom had an average of 16 kids of an assortment of ages. Edythe really had such a huge love for the kids and I loved watching her interact with them. She was such a sweet and loving character - it was so easy to like her. :)

Another character I liked a lot was Joel. He was a sweet guy, though at times I was wishing I knew more about him. He was sweet and I loved his relationship with his nephews and his willingness to take them in after his brother and sister-in-law passed away. One thing I was wishing was to read more of Edythe's and Joel's experiences together. I felt the romance was somewhat rushed and based off of...actually, I'm not really sure what. I think that they made an excellent couple, I just wish there was more foundation to their relationship.

There is very little to mention as far as content. Aside from a kiss at the end, there is nothing to mention.

I really loved this book and highly recommend it! The only thing that kept it from receiving five stars was the lack of foundation in their relationship. But other than that, I found this an awesome book that I look forward to rereading in the future. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Courting Miss Amsel.