Denise Baer's Reviews > The Murderer's Daughters

The Murderer's Daughters by Randy Susan Meyers

Jun 29, 11

bookshelves: women-s-fiction
Read in June, 2011

The Murderer’s Daughters is beautifully written and executed with emotional depth and truth from two points of views (POV)—Merry and Lulu (the daughters).

This book spans about 30-years of Merry and Lulu’s lives. They struggle with who they are and how to get through life after family abandons them, spending years in an orphanage and then college to be free of other’s help. Each girl has her own demand of life, very different from the other, and each one remembers from the age of loss. “Trying to catch memories of mama felt like trying to hold rain.” (173)

It reveals the struggles and sadness when horror strikes a home. It shows the after effects of how a family has to pick up the pieces and carry on; some unable to glue the pieces together; and some tossing them away. As Merry said, “Did he know that sometimes I hated people so much it burned?” (40)

I can honestly answer with a booming response that this book is a success and I’d definitely read another one of her books.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Murderer's Daughters.

06/20/2011 page 95