Shawn's Reviews > Sisters Red

U_50x66
Jul 13, 11

bookshelves: love-the-cover, own, favorite-authors, series, 2011-reads
Read from June 20 to July 13, 2011 — I own a copy

Who’s afraid of the big bad wolf?
Scarlett and Rosie Marsh lost their innocence after a brutal and scarring attack at their grandmother’s home. They don’t live the lives of normal girls their age, they fight, protect, and defend against the brutality and senseless hunger of the fenris to save girls like the ones they used to be before their eyes were opened and one of Scarlett’s was lost in the fight to protect her sister against the beast. Fenris, the oldest scariest legend of the modern day werewolf , are out for blood and it’s the sisters red who’s blood they plan on spilling.
The love of the hunt, spilling the blood of another fenris is all that Scarlett knows or cares about. Her younger sister, Rosie, left unscarred from the attach doesn’t have the same love for the fight but feels that it is her duty to hunt alongside her scarred sister, the other half of her heart. But what will happen if Rosie’s heart aches for a different life? For a woodsman who’s heart shares her same feelings. Can she abandon her loyalties to the hunt? In turn…abandoning her loyalties to her sister?
I gave this book three stars only because it was at times slow and a bit repetitive. In saying that the story was constantly moving, never sitting stagnant for long. I just simply didn’t enjoy it as much as some other books that I’ve read. But as far as the story’s integrity, plot, suspense, action, and character development, I think that it was very well written. It was relatable and a very original story which…these days seems a bit hard to find. Personally I would have liked to have a stronger love story but again, the story was very well written and had the love story been more it might not have felt fitting.
When you pick up this book I suggest that you ready yourself for some nail biting. The suspense and action is not lacking, even for a second!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sisters Red.

Quotes Shawn Liked

Jackson Pearce
“My sister has the heart of an artist with a hatchet and an eye patch. And I, we both now know, have a heart that is undeniably, irreparably different.”
Jackson Pearce, Sisters Red

06/20/2011 page 23
7.0% "Interesting concept so far, I like the voice, sort of reminds me of Graceling a bit."
06/20/2011 page 45
14.0% "U know how when you first meet someone u can kinda tell if you'll get along well? Books are kinda the same way, and I already know that this book and I will be BFFs! :)"
06/25/2011 page 93
29.0% "i like how this book stands on it's own, not too similar to any one book. It's a fast read so far and it's not far fetched or too busy the way that some paranormal books can be."
show 4 hidden updates…