Donna {Book Passion for Life}'s Reviews > Purpose

Purpose by Kristie Cook

Jun 23, 11

bookshelves: kindle, adult-newadult-paranormal
Read from June 20 to 22, 2011

3.5 rating! After that cliff-hanger at the end of Promise (book 1) I had to start this book straight away. I was dying to find out what happened! And again, Kristie Cook doesn’t disappoint with her story.

After the events in Promise….seven years have passed. Everyone believes Tristan is dead other than Alexis. As the years have gone by, Alexis has never given up hope but has slowly slipped into a state of depression. As Alexis tries to battle her inner demons, she is forced to choose between her love for Tristan or to serve the Amadis by having a daughter with someone else. With no other options, Alexis turned towards her enemy leaving her life in danger…..but will anyone come to her rescue?

I really enjoyed this story. Once again we’re thrown into the lives of Alexis and Tristan and it is just as good as the first one. Once I started reading I knew I’d like the story...however, I was extremely shocked that 7 whole years had passed. That’s a long time but nonetheless, it was a still an interesting route to take because so much had happened within the years. As you can imagine not being able to find out what happened to Tristan and knowing he’d been gone for so long....I did start to get worried BUT I’m glad things got back on track.

For me, I enjoyed Alexis so much more in this story…maybe not the first 20% of the book because she was so depressed because you sometimes felt the weight of her troubles on you. To say the least I definitely felt more connected to her this time around. Not only do we see her troubles but we also see her highs, we finally find out about her powers and what is actually is. So a lot of questions were answered. Finally!

I loved that we got to see little Dorian and he was a great addition. And that last scene with him….get ready for the tissues. I’d been eagerly awaiting that scene through most of the book so when it happened I loved it, so emotional and such a happy moment. I bet your wondering what scene I’m on about…well…I’m not going to tell you. Guess you better read it and find out.

Overall, I enjoyed the second book as much as the first. I’m looking forward to seeing what the author comes up with next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Purpose.

06/20/2011
3.0% "What! 7 years have passed?"
06/22/2011
65.0% 19 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Poor Jess lol. You've scarred her for life. Is this series good?

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Huh? What you on about? Lol What have I done to Jess? ;)

Erm...its okay! I don't think your'll like it to be honest. Lol

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany I think you saw on FB. She imagined a naked Shay.

Why? Bad characters?

Donna {Book Passion for Life} No, even though I enjoy the story and like the characters...I don't really feel that connected to them during the story. Its 95% focused on their relationship and its very very lovely dovey but some parts are a bit erghh to the sex reference's. NOT for younger readers! Lol

message 5: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Ohgod. Instantly put off by the lovey doveyness. LOL sexual references dont bother me I've read fever and night huntress.

Donna {Book Passion for Life} I don't mind the sex too but sometimes I just think errghh! lol

Yes...a lot of lovey dovey...I do like it sometimes but I doubt you will! Lol

message 7: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Lol! Especially if its just non-stop.

I think you should read the Fever series

Donna {Book Passion for Life} I will! Its one of the series I want to read this year. I will I PROMISE!! Lol

message 9: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Yay! Then you can help me gang up on Jess. Shes a fictional man stealer.

Donna {Book Passion for Life} I know! Already trying to steal Ash from me! :(

message 11: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Shes trying to steal Barrons from me too. She said shes going to make a contract saying they are all hers!

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Ha ha I don't think so! I think we need to gang up on her! Lol

message 13: by Brittany (new)

Brittany We do! lol.

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Use everything we have because she ent getting Ash!!!!

message 15: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Or Barrons! I already gave her Bones but shes being greedy now!

Donna {Book Passion for Life} What? You gave her Bones! She wants Barrons now though! Lol

message 17: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Too bad! I don't want Bones I want Barrons! I had them both before her anyway lol