Soumya Bhowmik's Reviews > And Thereby Hangs A Tale

U_50x66
Jun 27, 11

Recommended for: Ms Debarati
Read in June, 2011 — I own a copy

The Story Blind Date is part of the book written by Jeffrey Archer entitled “And Thereby Hangs a Tale”.
------Review------
This story is about a blind man who is in a café at his usual table when a lady suddenly comes and seats right at the table adjacent to him. He then decided to challenge himself to see how long could he carry on a deception before the lady realises that he is blind. Most of the time, people hardly realise and are so embarrassed that they don’t speak again. He was doing a great job of acting as if he was not blind. But in the end it turned out that the lady was even blind. This was told in an interesting manner. “Was she tall or short? Fair or dark? Was she slim? Good-Looking? Was she---” (The blind man asked). Charlie, the waiter(Serving both of them) burst out laughing. “What’s so funny?” I(The blind man) demanded. She asked me exactly the same questions about you.
Overall I thought the story was very unique and wonderful. The way the writer describes the entire story is very different. The plot was also uncommon and I had a whale of time reading the book. The writer also is a bit descriptive and also very imaginative as to think of such a story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read And Thereby Hangs A Tale.