Shannon's Reviews > Why Do Men Have Nipples?: Hundreds of Questions You'd Only Ask a Doctor After Your Third Martini

Why Do Men Have Nipples? by Mark Leyner

Mar 15, 08

bookshelves: festival-of-suck
Recommended to Shannon by: not my mom and sis, who both told me it sucked
Recommended for: unclever fratboys
Read in March, 2008

Totally lame. I thought it would be interesting. But mostly they just ask a bunch of interesting questions.. and manage to make the answers boring. Probably because a lot of the time the answer is like "we aren't sure" and then they make some smarmy dick jokes about it. They are like... unclever fratboys (is this redundant?). And they are adults (one is a doctor, allegedly), so it's even more unnaceptable. I'm not even giving this non-fiction shelving because, it was mostly just smarm-tastic commentary.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why Do Men Have Nipples?.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Becky Everhart I don't really know that it could completely be categorized as non-fiction, since it does use so many made-up scenes and (probably) made-up IM sessions. Creative non-fiction, which is much less policed, would be more up their alley, I'd say. Nice review, btw. Loved the fratboy part.