Stephanie 's Reviews > The Night Circus

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Oct 29, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, historical-period
Read from September 25 to October 26, 2011

Ummm. This was amazing. This was magical. This was sometimes confusing, but an awesome ride nonetheless. That's really all guys. Ms. Mogenstern's debut is worth the hype IMO. :-)

ETA:

After thinking about this further, I felt like maybe I should do a little more explaining. But that's just it, I love this book and can't really put my love for it into words accurately. It was all about the experience I had while reading it. It was really quite special. It's all about the effing best circus in the history of circuses. That shit takes the f*cking cake for awesome attractions. I really want one of Mr. Theissen's clocks too! Did anyone else visualize the spectacular awesomeness of his engineering and creativity behind the instrument used to tell time? My god!

I love Celia Bowen. She's probably my favorite protagonist/heroine this year. She's just badass. I loved the relationship both her and Marco grew to have. The fact that all the amazingness behind that magical circus ended up being a love letter to each other just really leaves me gasping in wonder. I wish I could take a stroll through his Ice Garden and Her Wishing Tree tent. Sigh. Ok, now that's really all folks. Go and read and indulge in the magic :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Circus.

10/20/2011 page 40
10.0% "This book has captured me from the beginning. Please, please, please continue to be this awesome through to the end."
10/23/2011 page 230
59.0% "God, I love this experience."
10/23/2011 page 285
74.0% "And shit just got MAD real. Jeebub! I'm biting my nails."
show 2 hidden updates…