Shell's Reviews > Rules of Attraction

Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

Aug 08, 11

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, challenge-books-read-2011, favorites, ya-romance, series
Read from August 01 to 02, 2011

I first read, then listened to the audiobook of Perfect Chemistry (book 1) and LOVED it, both for the story/characters, and then for the narrator. So of course I had to read book 2. The story is of Alex Fuentes' (the lead in book 1) younger brother Carlos, and takes place a few years after the 1st book. Carlos is a lot of like Alex, gorgeous, bad-ass, gruff exteriored Mexicano who falls for a total opposite of himself, a well-off white girl. There are many similarities to the first book; kinda a "west-side" story feel without all the singing and dancing. However I liked Kiara a lot more than I liked Brittany. Kiara seems more down to earth and less "rose-colored" glasses than Brittany, thank goodness.

There is the audioversion of this that I'm going to have to listen too, just for the male narrator who did the previous book. Yumminess!

Book 3 comes out soon, about Luis, the last Fuentes brother. Hopefully it will be just as good as the first 2!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rules of Attraction.

message 1: by Debbie (new) - added it

Debbie ok, now I have to read it too. I just recently finished book 1. Great review, love the comparisons.