Rebecca's Reviews > The Opposite of Love

Jun 19, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: chicklit
Read in May, 2008

I liked the story in this book except for the ending. The ending is what ever girl wants in life, but sorry sister! Rarely happens. But it’s endings like this that makes girls have hope when they are wasting time thinking this. The story starts with the Girl dumping her boyfriend because she doesn’t want him to propose because she is scared. She then spends the rest of the book, sort of casually trying to get him back and eventually, for some reason, she does. I liked the protag a lot except for this part. I liked the relationship she had with her grandfather and people that live at his “home”. I liked the relationship she had with her father, abit, it really wasn’t one. Her relationship with her best college friend was a little cliché, but that was okay. I liked her story with her work and she ends up quieting and it works. Why does quitting and not having a job for weeks on end only work when the job quite was being a lawyer? Oh well, I can live with that. The Boy kept getting in the way and that story line was just blah. I know that’s why we read them, but stories like this just people hope when it’s never there. Give it up already!

Grade: C

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Opposite of Love.