Kelsen Jacobs's Reviews > Kiss Me Deadly

Kiss Me Deadly by Michele Hauf

Jun 23, 2011

liked it
Read from June 19 to 20, 2011

I liked the idea of two sworn enemies being forced to face their motivations and ideals. Even if the source was a love spell. I enjoyed the subtext and seeing the two struggle with something against their nature forced upon them. The Devil was kinda over the top for me. And Ravin accepted Nikolaus's love and attentions a little too easily without her being under the spell. Too many items like that were just explained away by saying it was the blood sex magic. Or the exchange of blood just bonded them immediately. The emotions and tensions felt real and the characters likeable but again the tough subjects were let overcome by magic rather than the people themselves at times.

My least favorite part was where Ravin kissed the Devil as Nikolaus knowing it was the Devil. Just because she was refusing to admit her love. A need to feel close to him and tell him even if it was a fake just over rode all her common sense? As she kisses him and orgasms while saying "I am true to you Nikolaus" How true is she while in the arms of another person climaxing? I can't stand when one lover betrays another in a romance like this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss Me Deadly.