Angie's Reviews > Everwild

Everwild by Neal Shusterman

Jun 29, 11

bookshelves: teen, paranormal
Read from June 19 to 27, 2011

I really enjoyed Everlost, but unfortunately I can't say the same for Everwild. It took me forever to finish this book, which is very unusual for me since I usually just can't put a book down. I don't think this one had the same punch as Everlost. I think it got bogged down by all the competing storylines. There was just too much going on and it didn't work cohesively.

The one storyline I really enjoyed however was Allie's. I loved learning about the skinjackers and Allie's revelation. I thought that plot was really well done and great to read. It was the other two plots that I thought didn't work as well. Nick's story was kind of ok. There were parts that were fine and parts that I thought were out of left-field. But I loved the new character of Zinnia so I was kind of pissed at her outcome at the end. I think it was Mary's storyline that really did the book in. Her character just wasn't as well written in this book and her plot really suffered for it. The ending tried to tie them all together, but it seemed rushed and convoluted.

I'm not sure where the next book is going. I will probably read it because I hate to leave a series undone, but I am afraid I will be disappointed again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everwild.