Jasmine Neldon's Reviews > The Carrie Diaries

The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell

Jun 19, 11

bookshelves: chick-lit
Read in May, 2011

Like most people who have read this book, I got it because I am OBSESSED with Sex and the City. I had a hard time getting into Bushnell's original "Sex and the City" that inspired the novel, probably because I was very distracted by all of the small details I couldn't help but compare to the first season of the show, but The Carrie Diaries was much different! Maybe it's because I'm only 20 and could relate more, or maybe it's because this book, though some details do differ, was written with at least a loose basis on the character that we all loved in the TV series. The events of the story show a much more raw, in depth side of Carrie Bradshaw. As a high schooler, Carrie isn't the stylish, confident, single girl that SJP plays, but a girl much like the rest of us, from a small town, dreaming of life in the big city, trying to learn the ropes of dating, friendship, and creating a future for herself. As someone who has had a few years to reflect and grow since my senior year of high school, this book was incredibly touching and very addicting!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Carrie Diaries.