Tamara Taylor's Reviews > My Booky Wook

My Booky Wook by Russell Brand

Nov 11, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011, non-fiction
Read from June 19 to November 11, 2011

Equal parts hilarious and deeply, darkly disturbing. Kudos to Brand for rising above to attain his success in life.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Booky Wook.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sophie Hiya! Wondered what you think of this book. I like Russell Brand's irreverent style of comedy. I must admit I've been reading this book for a long time. When I'm not in the mood for anything else, I read a chapter or two of this. No disrespect to Brand but his life can only be taken in small doses. He is articulate and intelligent, though. What's your take?

Tamara Taylor Agreed!! If I read more than a chapter or two I feel incredibly disturbed. Awww, poor Russell :( It's been on the back burner for a while now! I really should get through it!

Sophie Ditto!
He's got Vol.2 out. I think it was published a year or two ago? Not sure I will pick it up. He does have a narcissistic streak where he thinks we'd be interested in seeing the originals of report cards and stuff. I hate being a voyeur on a train wreck so I am able to read this because he did eventually get his poop in a group. :)

message 4: by Sophie (last edited Nov 11, 2011 10:26PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sophie Your review is short and to the point. :). But hits the main points.
I'm not sure I have to finish the book now!
I sure wish he'd do another comedy special like the one he did in Carnegie Hall NY.

p.s. I watched a behind-the-scences show of the new Rosie O'Donnell show on OWN, and her very first guest was Russell Brand. It appears she has developed a super-sized crush on mr. Brand......like waaaay above and beyond her Tom Cruise crush (which I could never understand)!