Becky's Reviews > Go the Fuck to Sleep

Go the Fuck to Sleep by Adam Mansbach

Jun 19, 11

bookshelves: 2011, humorous, audiobook, reviewed
Read on June 19, 2011

First, thank you StumbleUpon, for taking me to this site, and allowing me to experience the audio reading of this book, with accompanying video of the illustrations. It was awesome.

I think if I had read this on my own... 3 stars maybe. It was cute, kinda witty, but nothing spectacular. But I gave this 5 stars. And called it 'awesome'.

Why? Four words: Samuel L. Motherfucking Jackson.

That's right. Samuel L. Motherfucking Jackson. And for all 6 minutes of this audio, I was enthralled, laughing and empathizing. I think that Mr. Motherfucking Jackson added so much to this experience, that I think that the book should be sold with a CD of this, so that parents can push play, Mr. Motherfucking Jackson can read to the kids, and mom and dad can have some alone time.

BET those kids stay the fuck in bed, too. O_O

But honestly, the reading was spectacular. I know, I know... It's a 6 minute long reading of a for-adults-at-kids'-bed-time story, but Mr. Motherfucking Jackson MADE this reading. You can hear him losing his patience, mentally counting to 5, or 10, or 100 maybe, so that he keeps from putting the kid to sleep the violent way. You can hear his desperation, sleep deprivation, pleading need for a rest... just 5 minutes without "Mommy can I..." or "Daddy I need..."s. You can feel his dread that this will continue, every night, forever, and that he will lose it, and that he will snap, and CPS will be called and his life will be ruined, and all because little Mr. Motherfucking Jackson Jr wouldn't Go The Fuck To Sleep.

Brilliant.
34 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Go the Fuck to Sleep.

Maciek I just listened to this. Hilarious!

Becky Maciek wrote: "I just listened to this. Hilarious!"

Isn't it? So awesome. :D

Maciek Yes, it is. Good thing I don't have kids as I'd totally read this to them. LOL! Thanks for showing this to me.

Becky Maciek wrote: "Yes, it is. Good thing I don't have kids as I'd totally read this to them. LOL! Thanks for showing this to me."

Anytime... Glad you liked it!

Bondama Becky, thank you so, so much for including a link to the little gem. Oh how often have I started rocking the cradle just a leetle too hard!!

Trudi Bondama wrote: "Becky, thank you so, so much for including a link to the little gem. Oh how often have I started rocking the cradle just a leetle too hard!!"

LOL!!

Trudi Great motherfucking review Becky! Samuel L. Motherfucking Jackson could have a second career on his hands, getting the world's kids to go the fuck to sleep! :D

Becky ...OR ELSE.

message 9: by Becky (last edited Jun 20, 2011 12:04PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Becky Bondama wrote: "Becky, thank you so, so much for including a link to the little gem. Oh how often have I started rocking the cradle just a leetle too hard!!"

You know what they say about the hand that rocks the cradle... O_O

At least the movie version. :P

Becky That is so awesome.

Maciek It just begs for an illustration like this one. I tried to find a clean photo of the original English do you speak it scene, but failed. Each had something scribbled over. LOL

Becky Stupid internet meme jerks, ruining all the pictures! :P

message 14: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Loved your review and the choice of SL Jackson for the narrator was excellent. Very funny. A good form of birth control for all, certainly one of the many reasons I will not be reproducing!