Barbara's Reviews > Rules Of Prey

Rules Of Prey by John Sandford

Jul 01, 11

bookshelves: fiction, own
Recommended to Barbara by: Kathy McCullen
Recommended for: lovers of crime/thriller/drama. Witty and gritty.
Read from June 18 to 29, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1+

This is not my usual read. However, the gritty serial killer genre is one that I like to watch on film. The BBC series Wire In The Blood is a favorite of mine, and I find the psychological drama that plays out in the mind of both killer and cop very interesting. Putting the clues together to solve the crime is part of it too. Still, it's not what I read. It's what I watch on TV when I want to be taken to a whole 'nother place. An escape from reality for me, and when I read, it's more for depth. I leave escape for the TV and the movies.

So when a friend suggested this book to me, you'd think I'd have said "No thank you." But she and I seem to read so many of the same things. We have such similar, eclectic, tastes that I had to at least peek at the jacket, read the intro, the first paragraph, a chapter or two....before I knew it, I was a quarter of the way through the book!

One other thing. I don't usually read books in series. I prefer individual books that stand alone on their own two feet. But I can't wait to finish this one and get on to the next. There are only 16, and the latest just came out in hardback. I hope that's enough to keep me busy till #17 is in stores. I'd hate to be left hanging while waiting for the next release.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rules Of Prey.