Eva Leger's Reviews > A Tree Is Nice

Jun 19, 11

did not like it
bookshelves: julias-books
Read on June 15, 2011

Well, trees are nice everyone. I guess I learned that trees are good. I also learned that anyone can write just about anything any old way and if they're lucky, they'll win an award. I learned it has nothing - absolutely nothing - to do with the actual story.
I think I'll write a book too. I've finally decided. It's going to be about poop. Yes, that's right. Poop. How poop is stinky, how it's made, how it's delivered, the different colors of poop, the non-glory of all things poopy, all those not-so-great things about poop. Who knows? I'll probably win an award somewhere along the line.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Tree Is Nice.

message 1: by Julie H. (new)

Julie H. And I will nominate your for that award--possibly the Nobel Prize in Amusing Book Reviews, if nothing else. Keep reading, and definitely keep reviewing.

message 2: by VegasGal (new)

VegasGal I'd buy the poop book!
Darnit, my mom should have got me an agent when I was a kid, I made a video of me singing "A Light bulb is nice" Maybe I'd be rich and famous by now!

message 3: by Eva (new) - rated it 1 star

Eva Leger Oh, see, you WOULD be if she'd have the thought! Lady Gaga would have never been famous because YOU'D be in her place!
You just made me laugh so much!! :)

Heather Since the Caldecott Medal is specifically for the illustrations... I guess you'll have to learn to draw really awesome pictures of poop, haha.

message 5: by Eva (new) - rated it 1 star

Eva Leger I just saw this comment Heather! It's not often I actually LOL! :-)
That was a good one - you can tell I know nothing about awards, huh?

Heather Haha, that's okay. I just wanted to point it out because it helps explain why some of these books that are just so-so can still get an award. And I like poo jokes.

message 7: by Eva (new) - rated it 1 star

Eva Leger It definitely does help clear things up. I hear 'award', especially a well known name like 'Caldecott', and then I have to wonder how it happens.
I can't remember the illustrations here being so worthy of an award but hey, I'm no expert. :)

message 8: by Erika (new)

Erika Lippert There already are quite a few books about poop. I own 2 of them!

message 9: by Eva (new) - rated it 1 star

Eva Leger My daughter has one she got a real kick out of - Everyone Poops by Tarō Gomi. I loved seeing the facial expressions when people came in and happened to see it. :)
I guess my poop book won't come to be. :(

message 10: by Julie H. (new)

Julie H. Many years ago I worked at a bookstore and Everybody Poops--esp. the one with a little toy chamberpot included as a box set--was consistently a huge seller. I interpret this as meaning that there's a market for books that talk about the subject in a positive way for kids. That said, I still think you should do a poo book. (In fact, I thought of saying "Go for it!")

message 11: by Eva (new) - rated it 1 star

Eva Leger Haha Julie! Someone just gave the idea of reading a bunch of books I think stink and then putting that into a book. When you think about it it wouldn't even be that hard!
I wouldn't mind finding another poop book actually. We got a lot of laughs out of that book. I asked Julia if she remembered it after I commented above and she said, "Yeah! Do we still have that?"
lol