Casey Ann Books's Reviews > Tempest Rising

Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs

Mar 13, 15

This may sound odd BUT this is the first mermaid related book I have read. And now having read this book I can say it wont be my last. Tracy Deebs amazing take on mermaids had my heart and imagination funny overtime. The beautiful way she describes the ocean had me sighing all they way through out. When I first picked up this novel I had no idea what I was getting myself into. From the first page it had me hooked. I love the characters in this novel. We have Mark, the understanding boyfriend of Tempest who seems like the sweetest guy on earth.

We have Kona, a gorgeous surfer whose uncanny abilities also hint at an other – worldly life, And when you guys find out what he is..it will blow your mind. We have Tempest... the troubled half mermaid who's trying to come to terms with and the trouble that's happening around her. I really enjoyed the relationship between Kona and Tempest. She's a very hot headed character and Kona is very patient with her. Also the scenes between them two you can cut the sexual tension with a knife! Woah!

The Pace and tone of this novel was awesome. It wasn't to rushed and the characters were so believable and you can defiantly relate to them and The plot is something I have never come across. Tempest is coming to terms with being half mermaid and the absences of her mother. The beginning of the novel with the letter from Tempests mother was really touching and really set the tone of the novel for me and defiantly made me want to read on. I read on and on and realised it was over... And I defiantly want more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempest Rising.