Venezia's Reviews > Pandemonium

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

May 05, 12

bookshelves: favorites

I almost had a heart attack when I saw the cover!!!! :) So beautiful! Delirium is one of my favourite books ever!!! The story and Oliver's writing... Gah I can't even explain what it did to me. I finished the whole book in one sitting which should mean something. I just pray for one thing. I'm positive that Alex is alive. I'm not sure if he'll have the cure or not. The only thing I don't want in Pandemonium is a love triangle. I'm sorry but this always kills romance for me. In my opinion someone may like another person while being in love with someone. But true love should be something unique, that can't be replaced or duplicated. I'm not sure if I could continue reading the series if somehow Lena fell in love with someone else in Pandemonium. I'd prefer Alex was dead. I know, hard thing to consider too, but I would know then that romance in Delirium wasn't killed. So, please, let true love conquer all! Let her found a male FRIEND who will not fall in love with her and save her man like every woman in love should do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Everyone, including myself, thinks this story will eventually end with a love-triangle. I really hope that Lauren Oliver will surprise us all. Taking the road of a love-triangle is only a way to fill the holes in your plot created by the lack of your imagination. Delirium is an ode to love. I really hope she won't destroy that for me.
44 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pandemonium.

message 1: by Venezia (new) - added it

Venezia Nattalie.cm wrote: "yeah!!! someone who thinks like me thumps up!!!!! XD
well but i think if alex is dead i would stop reading the triolog, i cried 10 minutes and i readed about 15 time the lasts 2 pages of the book "..."

I know what you mean...at first I really thought he was dead when I read the final pages of the book. But I really prefer deaths than change of feelings. This might sound a bit macabre but I prefer to feel cheated by fate than cheated by people in some way.

message 2: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie Medina Someone who thinks like me !! thumbs up!! XD
But if Alex is dead i'd rather not read Pandemonium ...

message 3: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie Medina LOL I think we're in love with Alex even more than the very Lena <3 ^^

message 4: by Venezia (new) - added it

Venezia I'm not surprised about that at all^.^

message 5: by Andrea (new)

Andrea I agree! I would rather have Alex die - as painful as that would be - than have Lena turn all disloyal ho and devalue the strength of their love. I'm scared for the emotional trauma this book could put me thru! :)

message 6: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy I know it's a depressing thought, but I think she's going to pull a Romeo and Juliet on us. Alex is probably in the Jail right now in the same section that Lena's mom was in, he'll plan an escape and get out, but not soon enough, cause he'll probably find that Lena has either turned herself over to be cured or she'll have killed herself. Then, following the Romeo and Juliet theme, Alex will kill himself.

Katherine I also almost had a heart attack when I saw the cover. I scared my boyfriend when I yelled " I my god a second book!" I can't wait only a few more days.

message 8: by Venezia (new) - added it

Venezia Katherine wrote: "I also almost had a heart attack when I saw the cover. I scared my boyfriend when I yelled " I my god a second book!" I can't wait only a few more days."

YAY! Too bad I am from Greece and even Delirium hasn't been published here :/

Carla Oh God! I TOTALLY agree with you. I hate love triangles so much. It's just like you said, it kinds of kill the real romance for me. There is no such a thing as someone love 2 people so deep and at the same time. It doesn't exist for me at all. And Alex and Lena love story is so beautiful... i hope it doesn't ger ruined with this Julian.

Emily Right?! I hate love triangles! LENA BETTER CHOOSE ALEX IF THERE IS A LOVE TRIANGLE! just saying....

message 11: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen  (Today in Jen's Library) I'm afraid to read Requiem for that very reason. I just don't think I could abide her not resolving the Alex-Lena thing happily.

Carla Jenny I 100% agree, I think everyone dreaded a love triangle the second Delirium ended w/o knowing Alex's fate. Right now I'm not real happy with Lena.

message 13: by Ty (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ty you're right. i'd rather have him. in the beginning i was like omigod Alex DIED!!! but now with julian and Alex's PMS problems i think he shouldve stayed dead