Farrah's Reviews > Homefires

Homefires by Emily Sue Harvey

Jun 26, 11

bookshelves: book-reviews, my-books, e-books
Read in June, 2011

Overall, I enjoyed reading Driftwood Cottage but I honestly found myself skimming over parts of the book and I thought the accident would have happened in the beginning to start us off. Course that’s me, I like drama and/or action in the beginning of a story to get me in the mood. It wasn’t until more than half-way through the book that we get to that part. But then the book did share with us how the couple related to one another (along with the other characters) to help us understand them and the family. Because of the backdrop prior to the accident, you can sympathize with why Connor and Heather were resistant in finally committing themselves to each other in marriage. (Of course it would end in marriage…) You can also rejoice in the blossoming of love for other characters because they all deserved to have love. To me the book was more about family, support, reconnection, and love. You honestly can’t resist feeling like one of the family members or friends sitting at the dinner table on Sunday night or playing matchmaker with the others.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Homefires.