Bri's Reviews > Pleasure Unbound

Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

Jun 19, 2011

bookshelves: chick-lit, erotica, favorites, paranormal, romance, series, 2012-favorites, recs-for-jamiej
Read from March 02 to 06, 2012

I've been looking for a new PNR series to get lost in for a while. I've found that in the erotica/romance genres, paranormal just tends to stick with me. I've loved the BDB series, as well as Midnight Breed and Kate Daniels series. I've tried a few others that just didn't mesh with me, so when I finally read this one after Jaime and Jeanette suggested I give it a go, I was hesitantly excited.

And I was hooked from the beginning.

First of all, we have a big, beefy, hot as sin doctor. In scrubs. Oh, and he's an Incubus, so there's the matter of his giant and always ready peen, too. Then throw in a sassy, smart-assed, BAMF heroine and I was SOLD.

The plot was intriguing, with enough mystery to keep me on the edge of my seat. The author really balanced everything nicely in this book. I didn't feel like we got too much sex, too much world building, too much down time... Everything had its place and was done well. We had just enough of all those things to keep me interested for the entire book. Plus. PLUS. I laughed. A lot. This book seriously had everything in it that I hunt for in books. Great characters, wonderful world building, strong heroine, good sex, and laughs.

Plus, we are thrown into a whole new world, so I am anxious for the other books. Eidolon has two brothers, both Incubus (incubuses? incubi? haha), and I cannot wait to read Shade's story. I'm intrigued to see how the author continues the plot, and if she's able to keep me as interested in the remaining books as she had me in the first.

Bottom line: hot book with fabulous characters, an interesting and unique world and a great storyline, with laughs to top it off. Read it.

If my review wasn't enough to get you to read it, go read this one.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pleasure Unbound.

03/02/2012 page 1
03/02/2012
10.0% "Well. I'm enjoying this."
03/03/2012
34.0% "I'm loving how all these separate plot points are weaving together."
03/05/2012
65.0% "I KNEW IT!!!"
03/06/2012
83.0% "*cricricri* I love these brothers sfm."
03/06/2012 page 389