Dani (Pen to Paper)'s Reviews > The Moses Legacy

The Moses Legacy by Adam Palmer

Nov 08, 11

Read from October 20 to November 08, 2011

Conspiracy thrillers are not a genre that I have read much of in the past, and so this was a nice change of pace for me. Daniel Klein was an absolutely fantastic protagonist - I found him instantly likeable, and I found that I got to know his character really easily and quickly - and there was definitely something attractive about his character too, which is always a bonus!
The other characters in the novel were also absolutely fantastic. It's obvious that a lot of time was taken to develop the characters properly, and to create a variety of different personalities. The only character that I might say I was disappointed in was Senator Morris, simply because he was supposed to be the head of the 'evil corporation' (for want of a better word), but when it came down to it, he went down with a fizzle rather than the bang that I might have expected. Goliath though was definitely the antagonist that I hoped he was going to be - without him the novel would not have been nearly as exciting as it was!

The reason that I have rated this four stars rather than three, is mostly due to my own lack of understanding in the religious and ancient historical topics in the novel. I do not know a great deal about either of these things, so when there were large conversations about the religious/historical theories surrounding Moses, I confess that I did find myself a little lost. I don't think this would be as much of a problem for someone who has more knowledge of religion than I do though - and that is certainly not difficult!
However, the thriller element of the novel more than made up for my lack of understanding in others. The chapters were the perfect length for me - the longest chapter only being around 8 pages - and that they jumped from character to character and scene to scene, really gave the novel a racey, fast and exciting pace - I just couldn't put it down!

The end of the novel (don't worry, I won't give anything away!), was nothing like I really expected it to be. There is a ENORMOUS twist in the last 10 pages that will have your mouth hanging open in shock - not at all what I expected, and definitely an interesting yet sad revelation!
But I am saying no more - you will have to read it for yourselves!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Moses Legacy.

10/20/2011 page 35
8.0% "So far so good! I am firmly gripped by this story so far. Hopefully I will have more time to read it tomorrow!"
10/26/2011 page 60
14.0% "I'm really hoping to be able to find some more time to read this between working on uni stuff. It's really gripping!"
10/28/2011 page 109
26.0% "Not finished with this for tonight yet. Giving up on work to read some more :)"
11/04/2011 page 302
73.0% "Aaaah! I wish I had more time to read this. It's getting to it's most exciting now!"
show 5 hidden updates…