Orsolya's Reviews > Tudor Queens of England

Tudor Queens of England by David Loades

Jun 19, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: mistresses-royalty, queens, tudor-england, library, history, elizabeth-i, jane-grey, mary-tudor

Oh, David Loades. Sadly, you did not impress me with this piece of work.

The concept of the Tudor Queens of England grabbed my attention instantly and I proceeded to prder the book from another library branch. I have read tons of history books on female members of the royalty, mistresses, wives, etc. Thus, even though I know most of the information, this book seemed perfect for me!

Wrong! I found Tudor Queens of England to be far too dry, basic, and just plainly, uninteresting. None of the facts were unheard, it was just an overview; and the passages moved far too slowly. If you are a history buff just joing the Tudor World, then this book is for you. If you consider yourself an expert, you can skip this slow book and you won't lose out because we already know all of the contents.

Don't misunderstand, Loades is a well-known author in the drama but this book is a bit of a slip.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tudor Queens of England.