Rain Misoa's Reviews > Fruits Basket, Vol. 15

bookshelves: manga
Recommended to Rain by: Nicole Terazue
Recommended for: EVERYONE!!! And people who wants to get to know Yuki better~
Read from June 19 to 20, 2011, read count: 1

Tee-Hee-Hee! This volume was adorable. Well, towards the end it was. The beginning made me want to cry. However, it's because of this sadness, I think, that made me understand a little bit better. That's right... I actually understand Yuki a little better now. Took me long enough, ne? Well, I'm sorry but arrogance makes me dislike people. In any case, I really appreciate what this volume does for the reader. It makes things so much more clearer and also brings the reader to a place where you think things are going haywire but is also going towards peace at the same time. That's not to say things aren't going to go crazy again. It just wouldn't be Fruits Basket without all them insane plot twists!

What can I say? I think Takaya-sensei did a fabulous job in creating this story. What she made Yuki go through and how she made him feel... that was the most brilliant thing I have ever seen happen in any manga I've read (and I've read quite a few). Reading this particular volume made me understand Yuki a lot more. I'm glad she did that for people, like me, who might have thought that Yuki was just being selfish. I've said this before and I'll say it again, I never hated Yuki. I did like him. I was just confused as to why he was acting the way he acted. Sensei did amazing in helping me, and perhaps many others, see who he truly was. *Happy sigh* So glad! Another thing is I approve of her version of Cinderella a whole lot more than the real one. XD It just suits me a lot more. X3 What can I say? I'm a women who believes you can do whatever you want! But that's all I'll say about that. This is definitely something you should read for yourself. Especially if you don't normally agree with the norm! ^_^

Yuki, Yuki, Yuki. This volume mostly centered around Yuki. And I'm glad for it! We get to see more about his past. Him being alone for most of his childhood... how he was revered highly yet not known for his suffering... it was very heart-breaking indeed. I had no clue this poor boy went through all that. I mean, I knew it couldn't have been fun being locked up in a dark room but... my ignorance didn't help me understand completely. Now I do and I love Yuki all the more for it! (Yes. It is official. Stop bothering me.) You want to know what I find more amazing? The fact that Yuki is growing so much as a person. He said he wanted to change and, my God, is he changing! He's trying his best to reach out to Kyo and make peace with him. It's so... lovely. He surprised me a lot of the time whenever he tried to do something he normally wouldn't do. As for Kyo... he needs more time. Yes, he's improving as well but because of all the negativity he received as a child, his relationship is still rocky when it comes to Yuki. But I do get the feeling he is warming up to him. It's not as heavy... not as strained... I think for now he's trying to focus on what's going on between him and Tohru... which brings me to my next question: WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON THERE!? I'm so confused! He knows something and he's just not saying it! He better say it soon because it's driving me insane!!! >_< And Akito is a prick. *Still has no pity for the asswipe*

Tohru is another character still growing. In a lot of ways, she's still herself from when the series first started out. However, she's able now to talk to people when things are bothering her without seeming like a nuisance. She still worries about her friends and... *Smirks* ...we are beginning to see what it's like to be in love~ Yay!!! She's so keen to other's feelings. She sees that Uo still misses Kureno, that Yuki is growing, and that Kyo is acting strangely. I demand to know what's wrong with him! Anyway, I love her and I have a feeling things are going to get a bit more complicated for her... oh joy... Machi is another weird character. She's not impressed with Yuki which makes me happy, yes, because it's different but I would still like to know her reasons for it. I'm just curious. Such an enigma, that one. Manabe... I love how he teases Yuki. He makes me giggle. Haru, Momiji, Kisa, and Hiro are just cute as hell. Their relationship with each other is very strong. As it should be! Haru... you were a genius to tell Shishou about the play! Very worth it! >:3 As for Hanajima, I couldn't imagine a much better Cinderella. Oh, my... her and Shishou! That's just so cute! Too bad Kyo doesn't approve... OH WELL! WE SHALL MAKE HIM!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! >:3

I am losing it... let me wrap this up before any more of my brain cells die. This book is filled with a lot of Yuki's history that helps the reader a lot when it comes to getting the full picture. It's hilarious and getting a lot more romantic as well! I cannot wait to see more of the smexy! EEEE!!! I'm excited! So yeah! If you like romance, hilarity to the extreme, and AWESOME characters and plot twists, then you really should invest into this type of manga. It really is amazing and I'm sure you will not regret getting into this series. I know I am dying to find out why Kyo is acting so weird and whether the other characters will get their happy ending. I must know, damn it! *Ahem* Well, I've babbled for long enough. I'm going to get ready and journey into the 16th volume of Furuba! Hurry up and meet me there! *Winks*
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fruits Basket, Vol. 15.

06/19/2011 page 1
1.0% "I figured that I put off reading this for long enough. I need to stop being lazy and get to it... but... I don't want to see it end... AND I'M GETTING CLOSER WITH EACH PASSING BOOK! *Blubbers* Well, here goes nothing."
06/19/2011 page 40
21.0% "Awww! Poor Yuki. The little cutie needs a big hug from Auntie Rain! *Squeezes him* Yeah... okay... I grew soft. He's too precious not to care for. I do like him a lot more now. Then again, I never hated him. I just thought he was arrogant. Now I see his reasons clearly and I can fully say I love him just like I do the other characters in this book (minus Akito). Seriously, Akito needs to die. -_-""
06/19/2011 page 60
31.0% "He wanted to be his friend... *Sniffs* I am such a wreck right now! I can't do this! It's just too painful and pretty and love!!! *Slaps self* Okay. I'm fine now. Yuki and... Tee-Hee-Hee! I love how he sees her. It's soooo adorable. <3"
06/19/2011 page 102
53.0% "*Flails* Tell her now! Trust me! She doesn't mind! In fact, I think it would make her happy! Those are such cute feelings and I'm happy you can feel that way! <33333333 So yeah... my heart is doing backflips and leaps and all them other things that shows I'm a fangirl. X3 Oh, well~ Isn't Kyo cute? He's acting like a man in love~~~~~~ XDDDDDDDDDD"
06/20/2011 page 134
69.0% "Aw, Kyo. Come on! Stop being so misundertandful-- that's not a word... Anyway, I wish he would stop being angry all the time. Well, he is getting better but... still his hatred towards Yuki... then again I don't blame him. His anger is just misdirected. Also... *Squees!!!* Dude, he's becoming so daring! I love that Kyo knows how to be a man~ *Smirks* <3333 Go for it, Tohru!!! <3333"
06/20/2011 page 138
72.0% "HARU!!! He's so awesome! Don't you think it's cute the way he's so close and protective of Kisa? That's just adorable! Look at her in his strong arms~ *Squees!!!*"
06/20/2011 page 164
85.0% "I... actually prefer this version of Cinderella than the actual one! XD But holy crap! Tohru almost... and Kyo saw... *FLAILS!* This is making me so excited! X333333333 Too cute. I must say, I love that Yuki is trying to reach out to Kyo. It's nice. One more thing... I get the feeling Kyo is hiding something. There's something there and I'm not talking about his feelings. Just... something else. Hmm..."
06/20/2011 page 193
100.0% "W-Wait... what? What the hell is going on with Kyo? I don't get it! What does he know that Tohru, or rather, I don't know!? It's sooooo confusing! >_< Must find out... NOW!!! Also, I love Haru for telling Shishou about the play~ It pleases me~ *Giggles* Anyway, enough babbling! On to the next volume! *Triumphant!*"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by N.T. Embe (new)

N.T. Embe You're doing progressively better and better I see! ^__^ I love the fact that you're warming up to some characters, and knowing that you're giving them that fair chance warms me to the core. Because all of these characters are beautiful, and sometimes only the more beautiful for all the hate that they go through. Every single one of the Sohma's is roughly hewn. They're each painted a certain way, and no one gets to see what's on the inside, eating them all away. You don't know why they're so cold, or why they're so quiet, or why they're so cruel. You have to find out their past, you have to find out their feelings, and a lot of the time, you need someone to break that heavy, terrible barrier that locks them away from everyone else in the world--even those that should be closest to them.

That's why I still have hope for you when it comes to a certain character, when you'll learn more. *Smiles* The toughest shells to crack are usually those most worth while. Or did you forget yourself after all these years, my friend? <3

Rain Misoa ...silence you. I have my reasons for judging first before getting to know the reasons. It's not a good habit but it's a habit nonetheless that I will break... one day. Perhaps when I am much older but yes! One day! X3

But I am trying my best to keep an open mind. I will... try. It's still not looking to good but... one can only hope. Maybe I will see... in the next volume. Or so. >_>

message 3: by N.T. Embe (new)

N.T. Embe Probably not until the end, if I remember correctly. But I have a great deal of hope for you. Especially because I feel Akito becomes one of the strongest, most amazing characters in the end. *Smiles warmly* ...if you don't love him, then I will continue to do so until you someday come over to my side. I'm good at that. You have personal experience to prove it.

Rain Misoa And my hatred for you continues to grow still. -_-" Fine! I will see! I don't think I will ever come to love him because I just am not that forgiving but I might come to understand... at least a litte. Depending on how everything plays out. Maybe... -_-"

Abby I hope that you do come 'round. I have not yet read all of the series, but there is just something about Akito. I feel as if he has suffered even more than anyone else in the Sohma family. His wounds are so very, very deep in my mind, and his abuse towards the other Dogmas is just a way of taking out his anger. Not the best method, I know. But I used to have a friend whose actions were similar to Akito's. Her parents were going through a divorce, and she took out her anger and helplessness by directing it towards me.....What I'm saying is, don't judge him...At least, not yet.

Abby That Dogmas is supposed to be Sohmas. Stupid auto correct.

Rain Misoa I understand completely, Abby. I do know that there are people who do not know how to deal with their situation so they take it out on others. I know Akito pretty much does this all the time and I know he is well loved. I read the entire series and I will admit that I came to understand him a bit more. I don't think I came to fully love him as others have but I definitely became slightly more sympathetic. I really didn't like how he treated people throughout the entire series but... he's not all bad.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this and for opening up the way you did. I really do appreciate it. ^_^ And I know what you mean about the auto correct. DX So it's okay.