Ngaio's Reviews > One Grave at a Time

One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost

Dec 12, 11

bookshelves: in-a-series, paranormal-fantasy, paranormal-romance, contemporary, vampires, romance, ghosts, adult, read-in-2011, favourites
Read from December 11 to 13, 2011

Really liked this book, another great addition to the awesome series! but i think i still like the first couple of books the best. I wonder if Ian is going to get a story in the Night Huntress World books as that would be cool!
Can't wait t read Vlads series, i missed him in this book!
Love the cover so much. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Grave at a Time.

Quotes Ngaio Liked

Jeaniene Frost
“You're shagging a woman who can turn into a dragon? Blast you, Charles, I am sick with envy!”
tags: ian

Jeaniene Frost
“Your mum pounced on her and started sucking away. Would’ve been arousing if not for all the screaming.”

“Ian,” Bones drew out warningly.

He grinned. “You’re right. I was aroused anyway.”

Jeaniene Frost
“That face. That body. And you know he’s packing. Look at the angle on that dangle.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Since you and Crispin are now finished and I have a few hours to kill, how about that shag?” he asked with heavy irony.

“Bite me,” I sighed, gathering up the pages.

He winked. “Of course. My second-favorite thing to do in bed.”
tags: cat, humor, ian

Jeaniene Frost
“There were words for what he meant to me, but if I studied every language ever spoken for the next thousand years, I still wouldn’t find enough of them to describe it.”

Jeaniene Frost
“The last thing that you need to fret about is my feeling emasculated, Kitten; but talk is cheap, so I'll be sure to show you later." ~Bones”

Jeaniene Frost
“I couldn't help shaking my head as I looked at him. Ian slept like a baby every morning - well, a baby who continually kept one hand down his pants.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Think anything like that at her again, and I'll kill you here and now."
Madigan's scoff was uneasy. "Any attack on me -"
"Is the same as an attack on the United States itself," Bones finished, still in that deadly calm manner. "Heard you the first time - and didn't give a shite then, either.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Just call me an equal opportunity ass-kicker.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Sorry. My friends didn't mention certain....details about you and you just wouldn't believe how nutty some people are. Just last week, I had a woman convinced her trailer was haunted by Tupac, as if he'd want to spend eternity in a double wide that smelled like cat piss.”

Jeaniene Frost
“That’s right, honey, state your claim on Mr. Yummy Pants. I’d do the same if I were you.”

A grin ticked at my mouth. I swept my gaze over the muscled roundness of Bones’s ass, which his black jeans only highlighted. Then I gazed at the snug fit of the front that had nothing to do with the cut of the denim. Finally, I met Tyler’s chocolate-colored eyes and winked back.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Swear, that woman’s got a mouth on her worse than you do,” Tyler commented, following in after Bones. “Ian gave her the tiniest smack on the rear when she walked by, and she told him to—”
“Ian smacked my mother on the ass?” I cut him off. At Tyler’s nod, I stopped lighting sage and grabbed a silver knife, feeling my fangs pop out of their own accord. “Wait here, I’ll be right back.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Brilliant landing.. We´re trying to keep a low profile, and here you´ve gone and made it look like a meteorite hit.”

Jeaniene Frost
“You messed with the wrong white girl, motherfucker!” Tyler shouted.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Bitch, you are SO lucky you didn’t try to eat my dog.”

Jeaniene Frost
“I’ve watched you barely escape death several times, and each instance killed me a little inside. They may be dormant now, but we have enemies both cunning and cruel. Knowing you possess the power to defeat most of them doesn’t threaten me, luv. It relieves me to my very core.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Tell me, Kitten.” That deep, smooth voice brushed over me like a physical caress. “Shall I leave now, or wait until later?”

Jeaniene Frost
“It was official. I now wanted to murder a ghost, a notion I'd discarded as unlikely only twenty minutes before. (Cat)”

Jeaniene Frost
“This isn’t the first time I’ve faced death, and I don’t intend for it to be the last,” I said, repeating the same words he’d told me before fighting in that fateful duel. “I’ve chosen to live a dangerous life, but it’s who I am, and that wouldn’t change even if we’d never met.”

Jeaniene Frost
“The sheer splendor of the sight made my chest tighten and tears sting my eyes. All the darkness lately made it easy to forget the world contained more than people trying to hurt other people. It had beauty, too, if you knew where to look--and remembered to open your eyes.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Before we met, I'd fly for hours to clear my head," Bones said, his voice reaching me even over the rush of wind.

"It was the closest I came to finding peace, but though several of my mates could fly, I always went alone. I never wanted to share this with anyone until you.”

12/11/2011 page 143