Jage's Reviews > The Mane Event

The Mane Event by Shelly Laurenston

U_50x66
This is packaged as one book but it is actually a two in one. The first is Christmas Pride with Mace and Dez and the second is Shaw's Tale with Brendan Shaw and Ronnie Lee Reed.

I had forgotten how much I love these characters and it was nice to reread it and enjoy it as much, if not more than my first read.

The females are strong willed and confident and I love that their men felt no need to undermine them or use the excuse of protecting them to do it.

I liked that the females were the ones suspicious about the relationships and were twitchy and that they enjoyed sex, and weren't of the virgin / practically virgin set and that even though one of them was trying to change her wild ways there was no shame in who she was or who she'd been.

both of the males are as alpha as male lions can get, lol, they're a bit obnoxious but they love their women so much and its just funny. And the sex was pretty hot all around,lol.

A great read all around.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mane Event.

Quotes Jage Liked

Shelly Laurenston
“You admit nothing. Deny everything. Demand proof. Did you learn nothing in Boot Camp?"
(Mace to Smitty)”
Shelly Laurenston, The Mane Event

08/22/2012 page 191
49.0% "I am loving their interaction and the fact that Dec doesn't have to change because Mace loves her as a roughneck cop, lol."
show 1 hidden update…