Jage's Reviews > The Dragon Who Loved Me

The Dragon Who Loved Me by G.A. Aiken

U_50x66
I really enjoyed this story, I loved the main characters and I loved how they interacted with each other. Strangely enough, I wasn't feeling the other story lines as much.

I knew going in that this wouldn't be a straight romance and I didn't mind that, but I just got turned off by the children and I have a strong dislike in my heart for that witch's daughter. The grown one. i didn't like her in her mother's story and I don't like her now. I don't know, maybe in her own story she'd be worth reading about but I doubt it.

I think my problem with this book was that it felt like a set up for future story lines more then a story for the main characters. She had two awesome characters but they didn't get that much shine because we kept seeing how awesome/dramatic other people's lives were.

I didn't mind the mad queen bit, or the gods, since that fit with the plot, but everything else just didn't work for me.

I still enjoyed the story though, I just know that by the third or fourth read through I'll start skipping sections.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dragon Who Loved Me.